How It Started
Kristin Harila, hailing from the very flat village of Vadsø, embodies the spirit of a self-made icon. Born with a passion for the outdoors, Kristin quickly realized her love for winter sports and cross-country skiing. However, it was her fearless attitude and exceptional talent for mountaineering that set her apart from the rest and made her a phenomenal climber. Following her resignation from her management job in 2019, Kristin has dedicated her life to pursuing her dream of climbing the world’s highest peaks.
Since then, she has conquered mountain after mountain and broken record after record. On July 27th 2023, she became, along with Tenjin (Lama) Sherpa, the world’s fastest mountaineers to climb all 14 peaks over 8000 meters in just 92 days.
- Fastest person together with Sherpa Lama overall, to True summit all 14 peaks over 8000m in 3 months and 1 day (July 27th 2023)
- Fastest person overall, to summit the five highest mountains in the world in 69 days, Everest, K2, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse, Makalu.
- Fastest woman to climb Mount Everest, 8848 and Mount Lhotse 8516 in less than 8 hours on May 23rd 2023.
Past Expeditions & Adventures
Her determination and unwavering spirit have earned her a place among the greats, making her a world-renowned mountaineer and a role model for not only women but people everywhere.
- Kilimanjaro, Afrika. 5,895 m (Seven Summits)
- Lobuche East, Nepal. 6,119 m Dhaulagiri VII (Putha Hiunchuli), Nepal. 7,246 m
- Aconcagua, Argentina. 6,961 m (Seven Summits)
- Co Adolfo Calle, Argentina. 4,270 m
- Pico Vallecitos, Argentina. 5,370 m
- Finnmarksvidda solo skiing, 500 km from Alta to Vadsø. 18 days.
Mount Everest, Nepal. 8,849m (Seven Summits)
Lhotse, Nepal. 8,516 m
Island Peak, Nepal. 6,189 m
Ama Dablam, Nepal. 6,812 m
- Annapurna I, 8091 m, summited 28t of April
- Dhaulagiri, 8167 m, summited 8th of May
- Kanchenjunga, 8586 m, summited 15th of May
- Mount Everest, 8849 m, summited 22nd of May
- Lhotse, 8516 m, summited 22nd of May
- Makalu, 8463 m, summited 27th of May
Shishapangma, 8027 m, 26th of April
Cho Oyo, 8188 m, 3rd of May
Makalu, 8485 m, 13th of May
Kanchenjunga, 8586 m, 18th of May
Mount Everest, 8848 m, 23rd of May
Lhotse, 8516 m, 23rd of May
Dhaulagiri, 8167 m, 29th of May
Annapurna I, 8091 m, 5th of June
Manaslu, 8163 m, 10th of June
Nanga Parbat, 8126 m, 26th of June
Gasherbrum II, 8035 m, 15th of July
Gasherbrum I, 8080 m, 18th of July
Broad Peak, 8051 m, 23rd of July
K2, 8611 m, 27th of July
See Kristin's Expeditions
Kristin Harila is also an inspiring speaker who shares her wealth of experience with her audiences. Kristin offers unique insights into what it takes to succeed in high-stakes environments. Her talks are a must-attend for anyone looking to and achieve their goals, whether on the mountain or in their personal and professional lives. Don’t miss this opportunity to be inspired by one of the world’s greatest mountaineers.Learn More
Get The Newsletter
Sign up for Kristin's newsletter and stay up-to-date on her latest expeditions and motivational talks. You'll receive exclusive access to her insights, stories, and advice, as well as early notification for upcoming events. Whether you're an aspiring mountaineer, a risk-taker, or just looking for a little motivation and inspiration, Kristin's newsletter is for you. Don't miss this opportunity to be a part of Kristin's community and take your own journey to new heights.